HAWKSMOOR TAKE TWO

I visited Hawksmoor in March for a huge birthday dinner.  Last Friday I took a trip back there, this time to the venue in Covent Garden for some after work drinks and snacks (which turned into a full on meal with far too many puddings) with some colleagues.  We all started off with the same drink, an espresso martini which was easily the tastiest espresso martini I've ever had.  We ordered 'nibbles' which ended up being Tamworth belly ribs, crab on toast, beef dripping fries and mac 'n' cheese.  All this food required more drinks, this time a banana daiquiri for myself, some absinthe concoction for Angie and a rum and fruit number for Sarah.  More drinking led to more hunger and the decision to share two desserts quickly turned into three desserts as it was simply too hard to pick.  We chose the sticky toffee pudding with clotted cream, chocolate and salted caramel tart with popcorn ice cream and peanut butter shortbread with salted caramel ice cream.  I would happily leave my boyfriend to spend the rest of my life nestled up with the peanut butter dessert... it was that good.










No comments:

Post a Comment