- 2 packets raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and diced
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 36 gyoza wrappers
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Soy sauce and sweet chilli for serving
In a large bowl, combine shrimp, cabbage, spring onions, ginger, sesame oil, mirin, salt and pepper.
Place wrappers on a work surface. Spoon 1 teaspoon of the shrimp mixture into the center of each wrapper. Using your finger, rub the edges of the wrappers with water. Fold the dough over the filling to create a half-moon shape, pinching the edges to seal.
Heat vegetable oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the dumplings and cook until golden and crisp, about 2 minutes on each side.
Serve hot immediately with a pot of soy sauce and sweet chilli for dunking.
Recipe adapted from here