PUMPKIN & CHOC CHIP CAKE BITES

Halloween is fast approaching and for everyone that knows me this is my FAVOURITE holiday.  I tend to go a bit over the top and immerse myself into anything Halloween related... cue the pumpkin.  I love pumpkin, the flavour is so autumnal and us Brits just don't use it enough.  I took my regular recipe for chocolate chip sponge cake bars and added pumpkin!  They came out wonderfully moist, light with the most wonderful warming flavour with just a hint of spice.









1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 whole egg
2 egg whites
1 tbsp vegetable
1 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cocoa powder
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350˚F.  Line a dishwith parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, eggs and oil until smooth.
In a separate medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, salt and brown sugar.  Add to the wet ingredients and mix until thoroughly incorporated.  Stir in the chocolate chips.
Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly.  Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until passes toothpick test.  Cool completely before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment