ITALIAN EATS

I love Italian food.  There is something so appealing to me about taking simple ingredients and creating something spectacular from them.  Let's be clear though, I'm not that into fancy Italian food I prefer the originals, classics such as bolognese, carbonara and vongole are amongst my favourites.  When done how the Italians do, these simple dishes taste utterly divine.  I made spaghetti carbonara last week from a traditional Italian recipe with the sauce made from scratch.  I can't tell you how much better this sauce tastes when it's homemade.  The carbonara sauce bought in pots from supermarkets is so thick and heavy with often very little taste, I don't find them pleasant to eat at all.  This recipe is so easy, I urge you to make it at home if you want a taste of authentic Italian food.

Ingredients: Olive oil, streaky bacon, pecorino romano, dries spaghetti, eggs, salt & pepper
Whisk together the eggs and pecorino romano
Cube the streaky bacon, or pancetta
Cook the streaky bacon in olive oil (8-10 mins).  Boil the spaghetti, once al dente, add to the pan with the pancetta
Add a cup of the pasta water to the egg & cheese mixture, combine and pour over the pasta
Add salt, plenty of pepper and extra grated pecorino romano over the top and serve.  Bellisimo!

No comments:

Post a Comment