MEDITERRANEAN LUNCH

The simplest ingredients:  brown bread, avocados, cherry tomatoes, parma ham, olive oil, salt & pepper

Remove the avocados from their skin and mash in a bowl with plenty of salt and pepper

Slice the cherry tomatoes in half and sprinkle with sugar (it draws out the sweetness)

Separate the parma ham slices, approx 2 per slice of toast

Layer the ingredients and pile high making sure the parma ham is on top

Drizzle with olive oil and finish with cracked black pepper
Today's lunch was so delicious yet so simple I just had to share it with you.  One of my favourite snacks that makes me feel as though I'm in the Mediterranean, if I close my eyes i can feel the sunshine on my skin and hear the waves below.  A crisp class of white wine goes incredibly well however it was a bit early for daytime drinking!  Combining two of my favourite foods, parma ham and avocado, the simplicity of this dish is almost too good to be true to produce such gorgeous flavours!

No comments:

Post a Comment