FLORAL NAILS

Photo from The Beauty Department. Start with two coats of a base colour. I used Barry M's Mint Green. Choose two girly shades and use toothpicks to merge the colours. I used OPI lilac from the Shrek collection and Barry M Coral Pink. These are the flowers. Choose a dark green colour, I used Sephora's own and use a toothpick to create small flicks either side of the flowers. These are the leaves. Hey presto! Vintage inspired floral nails.



I'm a huge fan of vintage florals. Whether the pattern be on bedspreads, clothing or wallpaper, floral patterns bring a fabulous feminine edge to anything it adorns. The latest thing? My nails. It's no secret that I use nail art an awful lot. I believe in trying to use any surface you can to get creative and this includes your nails! I saw a picture on twitter of the prettiest most delicate floral patterned nails and followed the link to www.thebeautydepartment.com. This is a great website for all things hair and beauty created by Lauren Conrad (star of The Hills), Hairdresser Kristin Ess and Make Up artist Amy Nadine. I fell in love with the florals and decided to have a go myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment