ICED TEA AND COOKIES

I can't deny that I have secret suburban housewife dreams, white picket fence and all so it's no surprise that I'm often happiest when I'm in my kitchen. As nineteen fifties as it may sound, I simply love pinning up my hair, putting on an apron and opening up a recipe book. Cooking to me is wonderfully relaxing and you can be as creative as you like. There's something about watching people enjoy good food knowing it was made by you which is extremely satisfying. Last night at around 9pm, I realise this is rather late and a random hour, I had a craving for Iced Tea and Oatmeal and Raisin cookies. I used my Barefoot Contessa California Iced Tea recipe which comes out of my recipe folder each Summer without fail! The recipe is wonderfully simple, only takes minutes and is fabulous in giant pitchers at summer barbeque's. My Oatmeal and Raisin recipe is one I adapted from a standard cookie recipe. The great thing about cookie dough is that it is extremely versatile and you can pretty much add anything you like into it, such as Oatmeal and Raisins! I was in my element yesterday evening and couldnt resist shaing some photographs with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment