CARNIVAL FEVER




Notting Hill carnival took place over the weekend in... Notting Hill duh! I'm a regular around this area, however it looked slightly different this time around! This wasn't my first time, I've been to the carnival before, however it never ceases to amaze me as to what extent the streets are transformed. You would never think you're in the same street that you usually sashay down with a fruit booster smoothie swooning into the windows of glorious vintage shops. Oh no my friend, this is quite a different experience. The smoothies are swapped for beers, the stunning vintage shops have all of their windows boarded up for safety reasons and the air is vibrant with the smell of jerk chicken! The streets become a colourful explosion of people from everywhere and anywhere and thats what I love about it, well that and the jerk chicken! I wore Topshop denim shorts and checked shirt, Cos tee, MAC lipstick in MOrange and I borrowed the Nike Hightops off the boy! We practically have the same shoe size, he's a wee bit bigger so I wore two pairs of normal socks and a pair of purple slipper socks to pad them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment